background

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Button delivery


The best thing ever is when you get a donation of buttons! My mum scoured everywhere for the little gems over the weekend and my hubby's auntie has given me all her old buttons....and there's some absolute beauties! They have that funny old plastic smell though don't they? A bit of warm soapy water and they are like new, ready to be lovingly handmade into something gorgeous...Love it!

Had a funny old day really, I felt very positive yesterday that I had been very productive and got my teeth into a commission that i'm doing. Opened the kiln today to find that the two large pieces of glass were cracked and completely stressed out. Bad times. After a cuppa to calm me down, I gingerly had a look at the glass (with my safety specs on...could still hear it cracking!!) and I think that I have been sold some incompatible glass from the glaziers. This is the very first time in all my years of fusing glass has this happened! But nevermind, onwards and upwards....will try again tomorrow.
I'm busy on the look out for new fairs to take part in this year, I have booked my usual ones but I need to find a few different ones. I am swaying more to take part in outdoor markets as they have such a good atmosphere...the only downside is that they are usually attached to a Farmers market and I end up spending a fortune on yummy food!! To see the fairs im already booked for, take a look at my website www.sarahmyattglass.co.uk

Goodbye from chilly Leek Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sarah x

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful. I received a massive bag similar to this last week...and when I opened it...I nearly stopped breathing!

    ReplyDelete